cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p9 nougat update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone notice that their p9 isn't showing up on their o2 app just number and has anyone received an update to nougat yet I contacted Huawei and they said my firmware was a custom one from o2 and couldn't tell me a date contacted guro online and he said it's up to Huawei to release the updates confused
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

TeeEmm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Maybe some good news?

Global P9 Nougat Release imminent

Message 31 of 218

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Fingers crossed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 218

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Below is the transcript of a chat I had just now with Huawei UK, Look like non customised have it.... But O2 handsets have to wait till O2 decide to release it!
I dont really know what the O2 customisations are. There are no obvious ones like their own apps or start screen.... Just my luck to choose a customised handset!

You said: Just wanted to know when my European model Huawei p9 will get the Android 7 update?

Huawei said: Can you please provide the IMEI number of the device?
You can find it in Settings > About phone > Status

You said: 869XXXXXXXXX

Huawei said: did you purchase the device from UK? it appears as having O2 customized software

You said: Yes, O2 UK

Huawei said: we have already rolled out the update for the P9 open market devices from UK, but for the devices with customized software the network operator can customize it and roll it out if they wish, we cannot roll out the update for devices with customized software

Message 33 of 218

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes, it requires approval from O2 first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 34 of 218

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, Do you know if O2 will definitely release it? As in the chat, Huawei hinted that the Network MAY decide to release it!

If its coming from O2, any idea when its supposed to land? @Chris_K  has gone very quite in the last few weeks about this matter! Maybe on holiday??

Message 35 of 218

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Only Chris would know for sure.

Currently using:
Message 36 of 218

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

.... and he's gone underground.....

Message 37 of 218

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
So it would appear!

Currently using:
Message 38 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

What customisable softaware does O2 need to adapt to the EMUI 5.0 before release?   If it is the same apps that we can downlaod from theapp store seems unescassay to delay, and stop us P9 users from enjoying their device to its full potiential.

Message 39 of 218

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
All networks test new firmware and apply their own skin (splash screens and wallpapers etc).
Everyone knows it's completely unnecessary but if you buy from a network you have to accept it I'm afraid.

Currently using:
Message 40 of 218