cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p9 nougat update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone notice that their p9 isn't showing up on their o2 app just number and has anyone received an update to nougat yet I contacted Huawei and they said my firmware was a custom one from o2 and couldn't tell me a date contacted guro online and he said it's up to Huawei to release the updates confused
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well done @SmileyBoy. Perseverance pays off (sometimes) ...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 211 of 218

Roken
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After months of waiting (although I did briefly get an update, that failed to work, so factory reset and it's never been offered since) I searched and found this thread. Firmware finder finds B393, with three downloads, update.zip, update_data_full_public.zip and EVA-L09_ee_gb/update_full_EVA-L09_ee_gb.zip. I assume all I need are the first two, but would be grateful for confirmation before I commit.

Message 212 of 218

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Sadly we aren't allowed to comment on questions such as that, but I suggest you check on XDA forum wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 213 of 218

Roken
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Not a problem (I've been a member over at XDA for as long as I've had a mobile). I'll post there.

Though I'm curious as to why it's not allowed. If neither Huawei nor O2 are getting the job done, and since we literally own the phones, what's the objection?

Message 214 of 218

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
They are worried that someone might brick their device and blame O2 for it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 215 of 218

Roken
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh? Like I'd blame O2 for my doing something that they neither offered nor suggested, but I went ahead and did anyway. Such is life. I suppose litigation culture is alive and well.

Thanks for the replies, though. Hopefully, someone over at XDA will answer. (Odd, because when I first got it and wanted to install CM, it was impossible and no-one could help - I thought Samsung were a nuisance for that, but at least with Samsung there was always a workaround).

Message 216 of 218

lestar
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just a quick note to say my 'Serbian' UK o2 P9 got an automatic update from b182 to b210 today, still on Android 6.0

Message 217 of 218

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions