cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p9 nougat update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone notice that their p9 isn't showing up on their o2 app just number and has anyone received an update to nougat yet I contacted Huawei and they said my firmware was a custom one from o2 and couldn't tell me a date contacted guro online and he said it's up to Huawei to release the updates confused
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

SmileyBoy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks. I'll give that a go at the weekend.
Message 201 of 218

SmileyBoy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous how did you download B383 on firmware finder? I tried and it failed... not compatible. I've also tried B360, B361 and B378 and all fail. I was putting file into dload folder on SD card, as I couldn't update via hicare or system update. Neither of them could find the update, after unzipping.
Message 202 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
@SmileyBoy I just did it direct from my phone which downloads to the internal storage in HWFF folder. It took me some time to get the correct file as I had similar issues to you but finally when I pressed update it found the installed files. I think from here I downloaded latest full package and it worked perfectly.
Pm is you need to and I can try and help. Strongly recommend the update to emui 5!!
Message 203 of 218

SmileyBoy
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@AnonymousI've downloaded EVA-Lo9C432B383 FULLOTA-MF-PV dated 2017.03.20 and it's sat in a folder in HWFF.  I assume I unzip it and then try and update. I would PM you, but sure how to  disappointed I read something about using a proxy server as well

Message 204 of 218

SmileyBoy
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@AnonymousI've cracked it..... I hadn't up Proxy server properly. grin  I assume now it's possible to install later updates in the same way.  So long as FF says the update/package is applicable.

Message 205 of 218

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@SmileyBoy wrote:

. I would PM you, but sure how to  disappointed

@SmileyBoyif you want to send a PM to anyone on the forum, just click on their name (highlighted in blue), it will take you to their profile and you will see the option to send them a private message (Like this...I have used your profile for demo purposes) wink

Private message.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 206 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
@SmileyBoy excellent well done. Have you got it all loaded up now? What do you think?
I'm not sure how future updates will work to be honest. Do you think the proxy will need to be active?
Message 207 of 218

SmileyBoy
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriffmany thanks.  I did look there.  My eyes must be failing me grin

Message 208 of 218

SmileyBoy
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@AnonymousI'm going to update tonight, as there is an update in Firmware list (2017.04.11) that optimizes power consumption and system stability.  As it's nearly 2GB I'll do it over WiFi.  I'm assuming the procedure will be the same... check applicability, download, start In-App proxy and then update. Or they might arrive OTA, but knowing Huawei I won't hold my breath on that one. I'm also assuming that FullOTA packages include all previous updates since last full package, but I could be wrong

Message 209 of 218

SmileyBoy
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Finally.... after hours of trying, I managed to update to Nougat using Firmware Finder.  After trying numerous package downloads, I downloaded package B386 dated 20**Personal info** again and it installed with no issues.  The normal system update then picked up B390, B391 and B395.

So far things are looking good.  The EMUI 5 interface looks cleaner and the App Drawer is back.  Yaay.

Pleased it's finally done, although it's a shame when you have to resort to a third party app for updates.

Message 210 of 218