Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P10 screen unlock

Franco999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My new P10 arrived today and I have set it up and transferred data from my old Sony Xperia.  I was setting up fingerprint security and found that I do not remember my screen unlock code.  I thought I had it right, but not the case.  I have used three out of my five attempts and I am now in a state of panic.  I can probably do a hard reset, but will this erase all the data that I have transfered?

I used to be able to use Live Chat with a Guru but that appears not to be available.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Usually after 5 attempts it will ask you to login with your google id.
A factory reset will clear it but will also reset everything back to factory settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Usually after 5 attempts it will ask you to login with your google id.
A factory reset will clear it but will also reset everything back to factory settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Franco999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

As part of the setup, I registered with Huawei and set a password.  I don't remember actually setting a password for screen unlock.  I do know my Google password.  Do I need to remove the additional memory card before a reset?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No need to remove your sd card

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4