cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please!! Having problems with my bill.......

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - I'm relatively new to all this.  I got my first mobile phone 4 months ago. Samsung Galaxy Ace and I'm on monthly tariff......unlimited texts and 50 minutes phone.  So every month I'm charged at least double (£10.50 is my tariff) and I don't really use it too much.  I live in Northern Ireland very close to the border. I have tried to turn off roaming....settings, wireless & network, mobile networks,  and have not clicked data roaming, but how do I click to manual choosing my o2 uk, it's there, but it's under automatic and I always seem to go on to o2 ireland.  I have been on phone to 202, which they have charged me for, when I was sitting in my house in the uk. 

It's been a steep learning curve for me.  My texts were too long and I attached faces to some of the shorter ones..........so think I was charged for all of those, too. 

But can someone help me find the manual networks.......it's what I was told from the 202 number???

Thanks

Ann

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://mobileguide.o2.co.uk/devices/device.jsp?deviceId=725&tab=5 has a solution and instructions

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Look in settings >more >mobile networks but with roaming turned off you should be OK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It should be in Settings/More settings/Mobile networks/Network operators/select O2-UK

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for quick reply..........I have looked and have switched of roaming , but it says data roaming, so assuming that maybe doesn't have anything to do with messaging and phoning - maybe just going on internet..........I think I might take phone down to o2 shop, and see what they can come up with. 

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You will still connect to O2-UK when apps are updating so to stop any data costs you will also need to untick Mobile data. This won't stop you using wifi but it will stop data charges from appearing on your bill.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, maybe I'm missing something here............I can go into 1. settings and then 2. call settings..........but there is no 'more settings'  ...........call settings doesn't seem to help, just has call waiting and call forwarding details........trying a few other options, but can't seem to find anything that is related.......did just go into accounts sync sections and turned off background data (?)  and auto sync, and went into applications and turned off unknown sources (can't believe THAT was ticked!), so still not sure......what to do!!

Message 6 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://mobileguide.o2.co.uk/devices/device.jsp?deviceId=725&tab=5 has a solution and instructions

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Its not in call settings, just settings >more >mobile networks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8