cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, charges when sending smiley faces

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help as I'm being charged when sending smiley faces, emotions etc. I would have thought this was a thing of the past on a modern phone.

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125911 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

It isn't a thing of the past and something we always tell people they will be charged for...Have a look at this help thread.... Adding an emoticon or smiley face converts your Sms to MMS...and charges you accordingly..

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 125911 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

It isn't a thing of the past and something we always tell people they will be charged for...Have a look at this help thread.... Adding an emoticon or smiley face converts your Sms to MMS...and charges you accordingly..

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Use the 'old fashioned' typed faces. They are free I. E. 🙂
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 125911 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Some are indeed free...if you read the thread you will see which ones they are..and what phones support them..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 149312 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions
You can send smilies without been charged at all, ever. Use whatsapp, BBM, etc and stop feeding the networks greed wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use hangouts as my main text messaging app for this reason, It allows you to send messages over the character limit and Emoji's without being charged the MMS/Long Message charge.

Message 6 of 6