cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble unlocking S6 Edge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm trying to give my O2 locked S6 Edge to my brother who is on EE, so firstly I got an unlock code from O2. However, when I put his SIM card in, it states: "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

Now from my understanding, this usually occurs when you've got a SIM PIN set up and have entered it incorrectly three times. He didn't have one set up though, but anyway I got a PUK code from EE just to try and of course it didn't work. 

Next I ordered a few different SIM cards from other networks (Vodafone and Three) and I get the same PUK code request for all of them, even though they are brand new SIMs and obviously have never had a SIM PIN set up on them. I got PUK codes for each of these from the networks but none of them work. All of these SIM cards work in my other phone which is unlocked.

I've tried just entering the O2 unlock code but that was unsuccessful too.

Any ideas what's going on? Why would it request a PUK code for every single SIM card I put in that isn't O2, when none of them are actually blocked to begin with? 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
That's a weird one.
Check if it's requiring the o2 sim puk and also if sim pin security is switched on in settings first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean enter the O2 PUK? If so, it says unsuccessful. PIN security is turned off and always has been.

Even if I switch PIN security on and restart my phone, it asks for the PIN which I enter correctly, the phone starts but then still requests a PUK code afterwards. 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I'd give Samsung a call 0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864)
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

mavericke
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh dear...

Maybe you might want to try giving O2 a call again for a confirmation? I'm just worried that your mobile phone might be permanently locked once the unlocking code is being used unsuccessfully for 10 times. 

Message 5 of 5