Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy S4 KitKat Day

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Is it a coincidence that today is international happiness day, the same day we release KitKat for the S4? We think not!

We’re pleased to be able to confirm this update is now live and should be winging its way to your S4 now. As with most Android device updates, this is a staggered roll-out over-the-air (OTA) so if this is the method you use or prefer, you may not have it yet but please do keep checking over the coming days. Should it not yet be available OTA for you but you want it *now*, fire up Samsung KIES on your computer and you should have the update available to you there via USB cable.

We’re also pleased to confirm that like with the recent Note 3 KitKat update, the 2G-Only network option for voice & text has returned.

Have you had a chance to update your S4 yet? Let us know how you get on and if you notice any changes or improvements 🙂

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Any news on when Kitkat will be available for the S4 Mini?

Cheers

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Could be a while yet - Still not on general release by Samsung
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

nevzy31
Level 4: Observant
  • 98 Posts
  • 27 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Guess it will be even longer for the s3 although heard s3 might not get it
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Nevzy31

Google are keen to move as many as possible on to the newest operating systems as they are safer and better generally speaking.

Compared to 4.3 the changes are fairly minimal for the majority of users with most of the improvements under the bonnet and not visual. I believe it is coming to the S3 but given the issues before when updating to 4.3 I suspect Samsung will test this to the n'th degree first.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
S3 has a good chance of getting kk but only just. It will be 2 years old by May so with warranty not been an issue it will custom ROM time anyway slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6