Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC U11 - Pie Update

SynbiosSwordsma
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My apologies if this has been asked before (I couldn't find anything on it), but the long overdue Android Pie OTA upgrade is finally taking place throughout Europe for HTC's U11/U11+/U12+. I was wondering if O2 had any news as to when the update might land?

(HTC have royally dropped the ball over the past eighteen months - even my old Nexus 6P has more recent updates, with the U11 getting its last security patch in June 2018)

Thanks in advance. slight_smile

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi @SynbiosSwordsma 

The good news is our team are expecting the O2 build to be sent to this this week, with us looking to approve it by the end of the week, and then hopefully seeing HTC release it to customers during the first week in September.

When it comes to software updates, dates regularly and often change, so these are not set in stone... If/when I hear any updates though, i'll do my best to keep you posted - but with any luck, you should see it available within the next fortnight I hope.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@SynbiosSwordsma  We are all customers here, so we have no information on updates. The only one who may know is one of our admin @Chris_K who I've just tagged.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi @SynbiosSwordsma 

The good news is our team are expecting the O2 build to be sent to this this week, with us looking to approve it by the end of the week, and then hopefully seeing HTC release it to customers during the first week in September.

When it comes to software updates, dates regularly and often change, so these are not set in stone... If/when I hear any updates though, i'll do my best to keep you posted - but with any luck, you should see it available within the next fortnight I hope.

Message 3 of 7

SynbiosSwordsma
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you both; sorry for the lateness of my reply. I'll let you know once it lands on my end.
Message 4 of 7

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@SynbiosSwordsma wrote:
Thank you both; sorry for the lateness of my reply. I'll let you know once it lands on my end.

More good news - our team received the software as expected, and approvals have been issued our end, so you should see the update rolling out sometime from 2nd September - though realistically it could arrive anytime that week. Keep your eyes peeled and let us know @SynbiosSwordsma slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

SynbiosSwordsma
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Landed this morning, thank you for your help. Of course, if I experience any issues, I'll warn people here wink

1.png2.png

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions