cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X Jelly Bean update - any news

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the HTC Jelly Bean update will be released for the One X?

I understand the forthcoming HTC One X+, listed as an October release on coming soon, will come with Jelly Bean already installed, does this mean other HTC Handsets should get the update a bit quicker, as I assume all the "testing" that O2 normally do on updates will already have been carried out for the new handset.

Message 1 of 356
355 REPLIES 355

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I have this now, just downloaded.  Just need to wait for my phone to charge a bit before I can install as the battery was low when I downloaded.

Message 321 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got it too slight_smile CID O2__001..
Message 322 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

To Everyone that has managed to Update:

Have you lost contacts/apps/photos etc, or has the update slipped on smoothly?

Finally updated. As soon as it booted up for the first time after upgrading I got an error message constantly every 30 seconds. Seems to be related to contacts and a leap year. I had to clear my contacts to stop it (luckily they're all backed up on Google contacts). Apparently they've released an update to the contacts app to fix it though. Second page here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2078908&page=2

Message 323 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
So then guys and girls, we have our update!!

Whether is was down to O2 and HTC finally getting round to it, or quite simply people power (this thread, Twitter etc), I know which I have my money on, and would like to congratulate you all!!

By the way, I have my update now, looking forward to giving it a thorough testing
Message 324 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

i must admit this thread has been my main point of contact for information.  Well done chaps!

~~sent from my htc one x finally running jelly bean~~

Message 325 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jodyjones1982

"So then guys and girls, we have our update!!"

Err, not all of us Smiley Indifferent

I know that this is a "HTC One X" thread but there's no updates yet for HTC One S and no reports of any being received anywhere, even on Twitter.

I hope HTC/O2 don't pat themselves on the back too quickly .....

Yours, 

"Still eagerly awaiting JB"

Message 326 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
well had it for an hour now and so far impressed. the kb/predictive text doesn't take up most the screen in landscape mode. will be interesting to see how much difference the power saving makes to battery life - more than the 12 odd hours I was getting will be a bonus.
Message 327 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

to me it feels like a new fone....kind of what it should of been like considering the spec.

-flows better

-smilies are visable on the keyboard

-panoramic photos (actually does a good job at stiching them together)

-the new themes are ok

-google go seems like it could be useful

overall thumbs up

Message 328 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to give the guys over at XDA a shout out as they also piled on the pressure!

Message 329 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just running up my apps to make sure they are ok. No problems there. Only issue I had was I had to remove and re-add the Calendar Agenda widget before it sync'ed properly with my Google Calendars.

So far I am impressed.
Message 330 of 356