cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One S won't switch on, power led light is on all the time

Anonymous
Not applicable

i charged my phone up over night, unplugged it in the morning, went to turn it on tonight, it will not turn on, the wee power LED light is on all the time with being plugged into the charger.

can't remove the battery to try and reset it as you can't get at it

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can either leave the notification in your notification bar and click it when you are connected or the phone will send it automatically when you are next connected to data service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hold power and volume down to see if you can get into recovery mode?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
ah, cheers, thats it switched on now, i tried with the power button only for about 15 minutes there, thought for a minute that it was going to be a paperweight. lol
never knew about the volume button for switching it on

thank you
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No problem.... It's the equivalent of a battery pull wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
one other question
i want to send the error report to HTC
i'm offshore at the moment, so just using WIFI, but wasn't connected to it, is there anyplace the errors are store so i can send them it?
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can either leave the notification in your notification bar and click it when you are connected or the phone will send it automatically when you are next connected to data service.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
perfect, thanks for your help
Message 7 of 7