cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One - 4.3 Update Causing Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

I put the 4.3 update on my phone when it came out - big mistake. I have been having problems ever since. SMS notifications aren't coming through properly, it doesn't matter what app I use and I've tried quite a few. Despite having a compatible app to disable the lock screen it too has a mind of it's own. Also, it isn't exiting apps properly, the screen isn't as sensitive as it was and has a slight vibration. All was fine beforehand so I reckon the update must be the cause.

All in all I would like to go back to 4.2, but the only way to do this I can think of is a full reset. This would take ages and I would have to put everything back on my phone afterwards, so I'm not overly keen.

I just wondered if anyone knows of any other way to achieve this.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
There is no easy way to roll back your firmware but you should consider a factory reset of your current firmware after backing up your phone.
The slight vibration is called "haptic feedback" and is part of the software, you can turn it off in settings if you don't like it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
There is no easy way to roll back your firmware but you should consider a factory reset of your current firmware after backing up your phone.
The slight vibration is called "haptic feedback" and is part of the software, you can turn it off in settings if you don't like it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I'll take a look at all of that.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that is your best bet. Strabge my friend has 4.3 on his HTC one and he has no problems with it but he is not on o2 another network so I wonder if its affecting o2 branded handsets? Also an app that I find great for backing up and syncing across android devices here is the link if you are interested?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, that's an interesting thought, it could well be as I got my phone direct from the network. I'll also check out that app.

Message 5 of 5