Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

HTC Desire access to the Cloud and BT Openzone

[ Edited ]
Dennis: click for Smart phone tariffs.
http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplicity ... /12_months
Dennis: Has that worked for you?
You: Got it thanks - no mention of Wifi so just checking this is included in the "Unlimited Data" and that I will be able to use BTOpenzone hotspots
You: Wow - unlimited texts as well!
Dennis: Yes it is.
You: Great - thanks Dennis.
Dennis: Its not something that is pro actively mentioned on the site but i can assure you it is in there!
You: Thanks again - bye.

Nice one Mark One! Now if someone can get BT Openzone to work with the HTC Desire on this tariff we'd all be happy :smileyhappy: (it did seem a bit odd the O2 would have it for iPhone but not other smartphones). I'm not near a BT hotspot at the moment (there are none in my small town) - perhaps someone else can try it out?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I think the problem might be that they ARE selling this but that it isn't what we get. That's certainly the position I see myself in - I still can't access Openzone & it looks as though I am on what they are now calling the simplicity iPhone tariff.

Which I'm not too happy about. So now that I've pretty clearly established that they ARE selling us BTOpenzone access I will be interested to hear whether people are actually able to use it out there!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Finally got access to the cloud, but had to raise a support ticket with the cloud direct. DOn't think O2 have done anything to help.

Still can't get access to btopenzone. Login failed when entering number on the landing page.

Even spoke to someone on the data team who insists btopenzone IS included, but doesn't know why it won't work.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Joanne from the service operations team rang me back yesterday. She wasn't aware that the Cloud was now working for me. So it must have been the Cloud ticket that fixed it for me.

I told her that BT Openzone still didn't work. She wasn't aware of that problem despite me mentioning it loads of times previously. She told me to log another call with customer services. I obviously made her aware of my frustration and that made her go and talk to her manager. She rang me back and said that it was BT Openzone's fault as the HTC Desire hadn't been accredited. I asked her to raise a problem with BT Openzone. She said that there was no point as BT Openzone would just close it as the HTC Desire hadn't been accredited. We were obviously at an impasse so I asked for any contact details for BT Openzone themselves. She gave me 0800 022 3322. I called it and spoke to Sally. She said that if the HTC Desire worked with the Cloud, there should be no problem with it talking to BT Openzone. She said that O2 hold and maintain the register of O2 accounts. She said it was up to O2 to get the handset accredited. She said that O2 second line support needed to talk to BT Openzone's second or 3rd line support to get the problem sorted.

I can feel another bout with O2 customer service coming on.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Connected to The Cloud OK

Thought I'd check my access out yesterday, so I went into a Pret a Manger shop in London.
Turned on WiFi and quickly found an entry for the Cloud in the list of available WiFi networks and connected to it.
Opened the browser and was taken to a Cloud page, selected O2 from a list of providers, entered my mobile number in the next screen and connected straight away!
I've got unlocked Desire and a Simplicity for Smartphone sim

Just a quick Cloud update too:
I found a local Cloud hotspot on the O2 directory. When in range it found "WiFi Zone - The Cloud" which it said had been "previously remembered" (which suggests it was loaded onto my Desire by O2). I went to the internet which redirected me to a Cloud home page. On that don't click on the "Get Online" (or whatever it was called) button at the top (which asks you to register) - scroll down, past a long advert in my case, then there was an O2 logo. Click on that which asks you for your mobile number - I gave it that (it converted it to +44 format) and clicked OK and it went straight through Smiley Happy

PS. in case it's relevant I ordered a replacement 3G SIM a couple of months ago (in preparation for getting a smartphone) and am on Simplicity for Smartphones 300 min.

Now... fingers crossed for BT OpenZone...
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well I got moved from the iPhone tariff to the smartphone with "unlimited data" tariff as planned.

I was able to access the cloud by simply entering my phone number as you guys say - BTOpenzone however is still not working - I get the message "Unable to complete the login call. Please try again." Needless to say, trying again got me the same error.

So I walked into my local O2 store and asked them there - they confirmed that I certainly should be able to access BT Openzone on my tariff and had no idea why I couldn't. They suggested I contacted customer services.
Highlighted
Anonymous

AFAIK only Palm Pre and the iPhone handsets work for BT Openzone.
The WIFI bolt gives other smartphones Cloud access only.
Highlighted
Anonymous

OK lurpak - but let's be clear - I have certainly been sold a tariff with clear confirmation that it includes both Cloud AND BTOpenzone access both verbally and in writing from O2 directly.

If I do not get Openzone on my Desire than this contract has clearly and unequivocally been mis-sold.
Highlighted
Anonymous

OK lurpak - but let's be clear - I have certainly been sold a tariff with clear confirmation that it includes both Cloud AND BTOpenzone access both verbally and in writing from O2 directly.
If I do not get Openzone on my Desire than this contract has clearly and unequivocally been mis-sold.

Do you have a copy of the old T&C, this is what is says on the website:

Wi-Fi Bolt On, Smartphone Bolt On and BlackBerry Bolt On Terms for Wi-Fi usage
# The Wi-Fi Bolt On, Smartphone Bolt On and BlackBerry Bolt On allows you unlimited use of The Cloud's UK Wireless LAN network (and for iPhone users the use of the BT Openzone Wireless LAN network) for personal internet use via your mobile phone. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks Peow - but I am not particularly interested in old T&C's. My current contract commenced this Saturday.

My point is simply this - if you walk into an O2 store on the high street, call customer services and speak with sales or use the online chat service (as I did above) and ask for explicit confirmation that BTOpenzone access (not Cloud, not 'Ampstead WiFi, not Bluewater WiFi - but BTOPENZONE) is included in your unlimited data bolt on - regardless of the phone you are using (although I always make a point of specifying the HTC Desire) - you get the same reply:

"Yes - I'm looking at the screen now - it definitely is" - O2 Store, Hampstead High Street
"Yes absolutely - you're on the Desire, I have one of those, BTOpenone is definately included." - O2 Customer services telephone call.
"Its not something that is pro actively mentioned on the site but i can assure you it is in there!" - O2 Sales website Live Chat

You get my point - regardless of any T&Cs past present or future O2 are actively selling BTOpenzone access as part of their simplicity smartphone data bolt on.

But they are not able to provide it!

Simples ....