cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a Samsung J5 which underwent a large Samsung upgrade last week. Since then, I am struggling to connect to home wifi with Google play and associated apps such as Facebook (other non-goggle apps are fine). I have tried rebooting router and 'forgetting' the Wifi and reconnecting, but no joy. My laptop and husband's phone have no issue with Wi-Fi, so believe it is an issue with my phone. Any ideas??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Someone else was reporting issues with a Samsung phone after an update with their home wifi which was a Netgear router.
Netgear were investigating it as it connected to Play on other wifi OK.
Can you try yours on another wifi network too?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
The other thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Play-Store-not-working-on-WIFI/m-p/101...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Would a factory reset help with the wifi issue? I had the exact same problem on the Tab after an update. Had to factory reset and wifi was restored although to be fair, I couldn't connect to any wifi at all when it first occured.

Message 4 of 4