cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 edge plus STUCK

Anonymous
Not applicable
My s6 edge plus is sometimes stuck on samsung logo or stuck on android is starting. I tried factory data reset wipe cache and i installed original rom via odin. Help! Plz
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The boot sector is not affected by normal flashing . It's like the bios on a PC. You can flash that part but only if rooted or by using special software.
If it's under warranty (2 years with Sammy) you are best to send it to them to fix.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Did it get any better for a while after you flashed it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope it was still stuck on the logo
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like the problem is in the boot sector then.
Are you still in warranty?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im not sure if its under warranty. By the way what do u mean by boot sector
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The boot sector is not affected by normal flashing . It's like the bios on a PC. You can flash that part but only if rooted or by using special software.
If it's under warranty (2 years with Sammy) you are best to send it to them to fix.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I probably have warranty but dont wanna send the phone away as it is my only phone. Can i do it manually?
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I probably have warranty but dont wanna send the phone away as it is my only phone. Can i do it manually?

It really needs to go to Samsung as I've mentioned above.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does it cost?
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not if still under warranty which is 2 years.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10