cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Store

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have a samsung galaxy s6 128gb and noticed that the google play store is very laggy when browsing through the main app page but when i scroll through the my apps section of the google play store it is not laggy, it is only when scrolling through the homepage of the google play store or even music, movies or games section, i tried uninstalling the google play store updates to see if that fixed things which it did but then i was forced to reupdate the google play store on my s6 again which resulted the store becoming laggy again, i'm guessing this is an update issue with the play store but i was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this with the s6

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

I have noticed some lag when using the Marshmallow beta, however this is documented in forums as being because it is a beta.

When I was on lollipop I have not noticed any concernable lag

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm talking about lollipop but my s6 is lag free everywhere else on the phone, everything runs great but the google play store when scrolling through the homepage or games,music,movies section it is laggy, when i go to the my apps section of the phone where you recieve updates from google play it is no longer laggy
Message 3 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

Just tried it on my phone and not laggy at all.
Could it be your connection speed and slow loading of content?
Try leaving it to load up a bit longer before scrolling.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have 50mb broadband with virgin media and when conntected to 4g it's all the same, it's like the google play store struggles to load content with alot going on the screen, when i uninstall the google play store updates, everything seems fine till i update to the latest version which i think is now 6.0.5 , when i go to the my apps section of the store everything is smooth but as soon as i go to the play store home page it's lagging when scrolling, it's ever since google change the play store layout
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
It must just be the amount of content it's trying to load.
Quite possibly made worse by some bad coding in the app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
possibly, ihave uninstalled the updates in the play store then everything runs smooth but once the play store is updated it's laggy, is there any thing i can do to help with this or wait it out for a possible fix in an update?
Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
It's just a case of waiting to see if it's fixed in the next update I assume......

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
alright 😕 my sister has a z3 compact and that runs the google play store flawlessly, just wondering if this must be an s6 issue with the play store
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
What phone did you try the play store on MI5?
Message 10 of 16