Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3 4G & WiFi Calling

andyproctor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello,

I have just bought a Google Pixel 3 XL direct from a retailer today. I have 4G and WiFi Calling enabled on my Pay monthly tariff but looks like O2 do not yet support this handset for these features.

Can anyone confirm the same or any different? Also can anyone confirm if this is planned to be added in the future, I'm guessing in a system update?

Many thanks.
Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Phill8622 wrote:

Is there anymore news when Pixel 3 will be enabled for WiFi calling as I see since the post by Chris_K the HTC U11 and Doro 8035 looked to have been added. 

My partner now has the Pixel 3 after swapping from iPhone 6 and really benefited from WiFi calling as the signal in our flat is so poor she doesn't get a signal. We have requested a signal boosted from O2 but after having spent 45 minutes being passed to and from 4 departments nobody was prepared to help.

Any sort of time scale would be great appprciated and I look forward to hear from you

Hey Phil. Nothing new to share since the last update, but the good news is that we are on track with our plans to bring Wifi Calling to the Pixel 3 soon. We're not quite at the stage we're ready to share any ETA, but we do hope to have some great news to share in the coming weeks, subject to successful testing.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 11 of 62

jrwn
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Another month has passed, did you get any update when WiFi Callling is going to be available on Pixel 3

Message 12 of 62

andyg68uk
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Googled this as frustrated with the same issue and one of the search results is the below o2 page which tells you not only how to turn of wifi calling on the pixel 3 but also how to turn on 4g calling. The screenshots aren't the same as what show in my o2 purchased pixel 3 xl so im hoping there will be an impending update pushed out to enable this???

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices?page=device/google/pixel-3/topic/settings/how-to-a...

Message 13 of 62

newneotoo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yep, it's somewhat odd that the instructions are finally up still no actual option on my O2 purchased Pixel 3... Come on now.

Message 14 of 62

newneotoo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

anything new now?

Message 15 of 62

andyg68uk
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2's social media team have told me via twitter this morning that the o2 online help pages are incorrect and shouldn't show how to enable WiFi calling and 4g calling on O2 pixel 3 devices as they aren't supported and that they have requested the O2 online help pages for the pixel 3 devices are updated to remove this info. I do find this increasingly frustrating that nobody can clearly tell O2 customers what the truth is regarding this. Pushing out confusing messaging via your online help pages that say functionality is live whilst at the same time twitter saying it's definitely not supported and then whisperings on the community forum of testing taking place. #confused #makeiteasy #talktootherdepartmentsplease

Message 16 of 62

jrwn
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is extremely disappointing, it is now over 3 months since the Pixel 3 was launched and is now
a product which O2 sells.  There is still no support for a capability that is available on other Android devices and is better supported by other Network Operators for texts as well as calling.  I have been a loyal customer of Cellnet/O2 since September 2000 and am now seriously thinking of leaving when my current SIM contract ends shortly due to O2's increasingly uncompetitive offering and lack of meaningful support.

Message 17 of 62

andyproctor
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've updated to the February 2019 system update and 4G and WiFi calling looks to have been included for O2 now. 4G was enabled in the Settings > Network > Mobile Network > Advanced but WiFi wasn't. I only got 4G calling to work by turning off and on again. You also have to have it enabled on O2 side via your account page on app or website.
Message 18 of 62

andyg68uk
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good spot, I've just manually checked for updates on my pixel 3xl and it's installed the February security update which has now enabled 4g and WiFi calling too. My wife uses an O2 purchased pixel 3 (not the XL) but hers isn't showing an update, I suspect it's being gradually pushed out to everyone. Great to finally have this
Message 19 of 62

newneotoo
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yeah it's definitley there now after the Feb update. I spoke to CS and they didn't think they would make this release they obviously have!

Although I can't see any indicator that it's actually on.

Message 20 of 62