cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 Priority Mode

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I cannot see how to access Priority mode. I know it should be on the volume key menu, but it isn't, and I've dug through every setting option and cannot find it. I've checked for software updates and the phone claims it's up to date. Any ideas??
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Menu --> Settings --> Sound & Notifications --> interruptions
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Menu --> Settings --> Sound & Notifications --> interruptions
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Used to be the old silent mode as I understand it?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/How-to-use-Android-5.0-Priority-Mode-aka-the-new-Silent-Mode_id62964

Needless to say I didn't see you had posted @MI5 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you both for your comments, unfortunately I do not have that option in 'sounds & notifications', despite running lollipop and having done a full reset when I updated, hence I wondered why not... Any further thoughts? TIA
Message 4 of 13

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
As above but yes you can also access it through the volume buttons (I can). Priority contacts are marked with a star, go into your contracts menu and add the start to contacts you want to be able to get through when you're in priority only mode.

Also I'm the property menu you can set on and off times, so for instance my phone fires into priority mode at 10pm and comes out of it at 8am.
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you both for your comments, unfortunately I do not have that option in 'sounds & notifications', despite running lollipop and having done a full reset when I updated, hence I wondered why not... Any further thoughts? TIA

Sounds like an old version of lollipop.

What version are you running and what is your CSC? (*#1234#)

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
CSC: G900FO2U1BOC1
The 'about' screen says Android 5.0.

I updated it when O2 first released Lollipop, then again soon afterwards when there was an update to it. The phone constantly tells me that it is up to date 😞
Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes, correct. You are up to date as far as O2 firmware for the S5 is concerned but not as far as Lollipop in general is concerned.
5.1.1 is the latest public release, but until you get that on the S5.......
Even 5.0.1 would probably help you !

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you MI5! It would appear then that it's a PITA, but until O2 release a new version, it's one I have to live with!! At least I know now that I'm not missing something obvious wink
Message 10 of 13