cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Wifi Hotspot - Not working after Lollipop update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I had hoped some time after this update that the problem I am having would have stopped but it hasn't. I have a Moto G 1st Gen mobile which is on 5.0.2 and can no longer use my phone as a mobile wifi hotspot.

When I turn in the hotspot on my phone, I get a notification asking me to set-up the hotspot. I go through what it asks, but when I try to use the net on my tablet (by connecting to the wifi hotspot on my phone) I cannot access anything. Also it appears the hotspot "set-up" is on a continuous loop and I can never get it to stop saying for me to set it up.

I contacted Motorola and they couldn't get it to work over the live chat; will be calling their tech helpline tomorrow but wanted to know if this is a Android issue, hardware (aka phone by Motorola) or network provider (aka 02).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I've got a Note 4 on O2 and use my phone as a wifi hotspot so I would not think it is a generic O2 issue or a lollipop issue, so that really only leaves Moto firmware.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I've been through every level of lollipop on my rooted S3 and never had a problem with it either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous are you still having this issue?
Message 5 of 5