cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 SD card removed unexpectedly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Searching on Google seems to indicate that this is a common fault with the Galaxy S3 and S4.  In short, I have a 64GB Scan micro SD card which holds all my music and video; when playing files held on the SD card I will get a 'SD card removed unexpectedly' message and I will need to restart my Galaxy S4 (sometimes several times) before the phone will read data on the card again.  There doesn't seem to be a reason for this - most times the phone is sitting undisturbed, it can happen when it's hooked up to a charger/PC or not charging/connected.  I've given up on having playlists because these get wiped each time the card remounts (I've just created separate albums with my favourite songs on them and changed the tags so each playlist album reads as a single album).

Is there any solution for this?  Is it a faulty phone or is it an inherent software/hardware fault with the Galaxy models?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly the Sd card is corrupted. You could re format it but your data will then be lost unless you back it up elsewhere.

Of course you could seek assistance from the phone manufacturer.

Hopefully a user of this phone sees your thread and comes up with a possible solution other than the usual soft and hard resetting of the phone.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly the Sd card is corrupted. You could re format it but your data will then be lost unless you back it up elsewhere.

Of course you could seek assistance from the phone manufacturer.

Hopefully a user of this phone sees your thread and comes up with a possible solution other than the usual soft and hard resetting of the phone.
Message 2 of 2