cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I dropped my S4 the other day on the tiles in my bathroom (I know, I know). It landed safely on it's back so I was relieved to see no screen damage, that said my relief was short lived as when I pressed the home button I found that no picture appeared on the screen except for lots of little colourful dots.

The audio still works and I can still boot it up, I just can't see anything. I suspect it means the LCD is broken but I would like some opinions on what I can do to get the phone back in working order. Annoyingly, I've not even had it a year yet.

Thanks,

Chris.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would suggest taking it to a local trusted repairer if Samsung are unable to assist. See how much it would cost.

If too much then you might want to consider purchasing a good quality refurbished phone from the likes of CEX or phonehero or similar.

Would recommend avoiding ebay however as there have been many reports of people selling high end phones on eBay then reporting them as stolen and claiming insurance. Then the imei stops working.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
Message 11 of 13

karky69
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got my s2 screen repaired through carphone warehouse. Was £60 but only took 2 days and never had a problem afterwards.
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar incident, I feel your pain. In my case, the glass was broken.

I got the parts and fixed myself, it is a fiddly process if you're not used to doing this sort of thing - parts cost was just short of £160.

Quotes I was receiving from repair centres were in excess of £200 with an "away time" of over 2 weeks, aside from a few that promised low prices and quick returns, but a little bit of research seemed to indicate were not all that reliable when it came to returning the phone for the agreed price or in working order....

If you're comfortable, doing it yourself is quicker and cheaper. Alternatively, take to a local reputable dealership, but it can take a while.

Message 13 of 13