cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just bought a Galaxy S2. Is there any way I can download OS maps?  I'm nnot sure how much data it will use - I only have 500mb a month. I'm new to these posh phones:)

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Google maps is already installed on your phone. Connect over wifi and it won't use your data. If you want to use the navigation feature download your route over wifi before you set off and it won't need to download any data whilst on the journey either (unless you have to re route for any reason).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Google maps is already installed on your phone. Connect over wifi and it won't use your data. If you want to use the navigation feature download your route over wifi before you set off and it won't need to download any data whilst on the journey either (unless you have to re route for any reason).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Os Atlas Free ia an app available on Playstore. Use wifi and you can download it without using any of your allowance. Not sure if the maps are stored on the phone or not though.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help I'll have a look at that too

Message 4 of 4