cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S2 shutting down

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, anyone had problems with there galaxy s2 powering off when in idle mode, had two replacement handsets upto now and they both have done the same thing, the only way to power the handset back up is to take the battery out and re insert, o2 have basically said its me installing apps, only put basic apps on like mail and such, I have android tablets and iphone, ipods which are full of apps and had no problems with them, contrary to what they say, i do know what i am doing, i think they are just sending me  handsets that have been returned to them faulty and they cant find anything wrong with them and just put them back into circulation, hence the replacement handset i received this morning still full of previous owners photos ect, anyone been experiencing this problem with their handset ?.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144822 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Usually it is an app that causes the problems.... but I have also had my suspicions about Anovo recirculating phones (no proof, just suspicion). Anyway, I wouldn't deal with O2's repairers (too many complaints) so I would go directly to Samsung and have them look at the phone for me....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144822 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Usually it is an app that causes the problems.... but I have also had my suspicions about Anovo recirculating phones (no proof, just suspicion). Anyway, I wouldn't deal with O2's repairers (too many complaints) so I would go directly to Samsung and have them look at the phone for me....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I am definitely suspicious, after the handset I received this morning.

Message 3 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I would have to return that phone, how can it have been repaired when it's got pictures on it?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

A handset full of pictures is not a good sign! Anovo should be wiping the handsets when they get to the repair centre!

I would call Customer Service and explain this to them. If your handset is still faulty after coming back, they can replace this for you with a refurbished handset from their stock.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have arranged for it to be returned, refused to use it, felt like i was intruding on someones privacy, The guy i spoke to did apologise, still hate the thought, if it was my kids photos went to a complete stranger.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i have had this problem every day since i got the phone, have sent it back to o2 for repair and it still does it

bloody annoying

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
well if this replacement starts to do it, its going back and i will change to a different make altogether.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

it shut down again today as it does every day.

does o2 care ?  NOPE

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Get in touch with samsung, the handset does have a 2 year warranty, the replacement they sent me has been fine upto now, if it does happen again its going back and i will go back to using the iphone.
Message 10 of 10