Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S2 Jelly bean update?

aca95pks
Level 3: Thinker
  • 62 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I did a search but couldn't find anything.

It's reported Samsung will release this in Nov. Any idea when we'll get it on O2 S2 phones?

Cheers,

Paul.

Message 1 of 112
111 REPLIES 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bluecircus,

Why don't you do what I did and I install the leaked Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update? l have been running it on my S2 without a hitch for several weeks now. With all of the new bits and pieces it's like getting a whole new phone for free, an S3 in a smaller package slight_smile

Click on the link below to find out more about it and the instructions needed to install it.

JellyBean

Message 11 of 112

aca95pks
  • 62 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Then go back to your closed-in Eco system because that's not what Android is and you'll never get it, it's what happens when operators and manufacturers are allowed to customise the core OS themselves. If you want an Android device that is kept up-to-date you need one of Google's Nexus devices, 4, 7, 10 or the older ones.
Message 12 of 112

bluecircus
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I'd rather not "get it" (patronising much ?) and be treated with respect by organisations I fund, thanks.

Message 13 of 112

bluecircus
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi bluecircus,

Why don't you do what I did and I install the leaked Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update? l have been running it on my S2 without a hitch for several weeks now. With all of the new bits and pieces it's like getting a whole new phone for free, an S3 in a smaller package slight_smile

Click on the link below to find out more about it and the instructions needed to install it.

JellyBean

Thanks for that. I will investigate...!

Message 14 of 112

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Let us know if tony7bear's advice is helpful bluecircus slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 15 of 112

aca95pks
  • 62 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Sorry but you said "I cannot wait for my contract to end on this crappy Android device" in an Android devices forum, and you actually registered to post that.
Message 16 of 112

bluecircus
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, all you're allowed to do on an Android forum is to talk about how good Android is ?

Message 17 of 112

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144788 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@bluecircus wrote:

So, all you're allowed to do on an Android forum is to talk about how good Android is ?

Yes of course slight_smile Now write down 1000 times "I love Android" slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 112

bluecircus
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I take it we're still waiting then...

Message 19 of 112

aca95pks
  • 62 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Of course wink The Samsung update leaked ages ago but they've still not made it official. Unfortunately Google haven't had any Nexus 4 stock for months either 😞 And I'm not buying one from O2 for more than it costs and be stuck with another contract.
Message 20 of 112