Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S2 Jelly bean update?

aca95pks
Level 3: Thinker
  • 62 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I did a search but couldn't find anything.

It's reported Samsung will release this in Nov. Any idea when we'll get it on O2 S2 phones?

Cheers,

Paul.

Message 1 of 112
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 do not give out any advance notification other than "in testing". Abs will most likely post on here during the week the roll out will start so keep checking back....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 112
111 REPLIES 111

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 do not give out any advance notification other than "in testing". Abs will most likely post on here during the week the roll out will start so keep checking back....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 112

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

....or maybe Brad:smileywink:

Message 3 of 112

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Depends on who's feeling "brave" enough slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 112

aca95pks
Level 3: Thinker
  • 62 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks folks slight_smile At this rate I may have bought a Nexus 4 before it gets released wink

Message 5 of 112

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is now nearly half way through December and still no jelly bean update??????

Message 6 of 112

aca95pks
  • 62 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I don't think Samsung have released one yet? But add another 6 months for O2 to sort out that very important startup animation wink

I will have bought an S4 by the time the S2 gets an update and that isn't even out yet.

Message 7 of 112

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That's correct.... Nothing released by Samsung yet.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 112

Anonymous
Not applicable

After having S2 issues and getting the handset replaced with the SG Nexus, the person in O2 technical department that spent ages trying to sort the problem & attempted to install Jellybean on my SG S2 handset as it was available as she had it. Unfortunately, my handset had a problem wich prevented the upgrade, but, jellybean was/is available. This must have been around the 1st week of November as I had just read an article about JB soon being released for the S2. I did question this several times with her, but she assured me that it was available and she did have it. She also said, that O2 (and presumably other providers) receive any updates 2 months prior to official expected release date, so that they can test it for compatibility purposes! Odd then that O2 seem to behind the times then. Apple are the only ones that don't release updates prior to release date, which would explain why their maps were released (without checking) on official release date. 

Message 9 of 112

bluecircus
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having previously owned iPhones for years, I'm pretty annoyed about the ridiculous fiasco known as Android/o2 software updates

What is so difficult about organising updates so that they're available when they're supposed to be ? Why do we have to hang about wondering whether we're even going to get the update ? Apple update their software, tell you when it's released, and on the day it's released you get the update regardless of whether your network provider deems you worthy of it or not. Why can't it be this simple for non-Apple device owners ? 

I cannot wait for my contract to end on this crappy Android device so that I can revert back to an iOS device: manufactured by a company that gives a toss about its customers.

Message 10 of 112