cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Ace may be going in the bin!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two things so far - will not connect to any wifi network and callers cannot hear me!  tried to find answers but all far too technical for me.....do I need to select the 02 network? wifi was working until a week ago so should I risk sending it back to carphone warehouse to be replaced? 

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmmm - has a reprieve for now.  Connected to Kies and updated firmware and was able to log into work wifi (shhhhhhhhhhhhhh). Thanks for the replies

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Sounds as though there may be a problem with the microphone. Make sure there is no dirt or fluff in the tiny microphone hole and that volume is turned up full.

With the wifi and microphone problem perhaps doing a factory reset will sort it out. Are you having the issue trying to connect to any wifi or just one particular one?

To do a reset should you wish to go that route, hold volume up, home and on switch done until you get the root menu. Scroll down using the volume button and select with the on/off button.

Make sure you have backed everything up first as this will wipe the phone back to factory settings.

You could also take it into CPW to let their instore tech support have a look and if it's a handset problem they will send it off for repair.

I think the bin may be a bit drastic at the moment!

Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The phone has a 2 year warranty. I'd start with a visit to CPW to let them have a look then if faulty send it off for repair. If you're not technically minded it will be the easiest option for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

By volume do you mean the system volume?  Wifi at home was working until last week then can't connect to that (having separate issue with BT log in details) and I tried connected to free wifi in a cafe and nothing happened then either

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmmm - has a reprieve for now.  Connected to Kies and updated firmware and was able to log into work wifi (shhhhhhhhhhhhhh). Thanks for the replies

Message 5 of 14

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure about that but get so few phonecalls that I'm not overly bothered about it.  Was just annoyed that it all seemed to be packing up on me in one go. 

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to have solved the microphone problem too so no bin for my cute little phone for now 🙂

Message 8 of 14

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am officially an idiot 🙂  seems the piercing at the top of my ear is the reason the calls were being disconnected.  Proximity sensor turned on and received call successfully today!  Hope my numptiness helps someone else out 

Message 10 of 14