cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Ace 2 screen problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

When making an outgoing call my screen blanks out so I cannot access number pad etc. means I cannot enter credit card details or password info. This used to happem occasionally but has increased this weekend to such an extent that it is virtually unusable. Very grateful for any help in solving this.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Go into call settings and turn off the proximity sensor.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Ensure your on the latest firmware.

Clear out any clutter. Delete unused apps etc and or move all you can to any available memory SD card.

Possibly an app you recently downloaded is clashing. Try removing.

Possibly a soft reset or a hard reset may help.

Make a back up if performing a hard reset as this can delete data.

http://www.hard-reset.com/samsung-galaxy-ace-2-i8160-hard-reset.html

Possibly PC companion may help.

If you go for a repair then try the manufacturer first.

Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Go into call settings and turn off the proximity sensor.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

That works - great!! Many thanks!

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Great news slight_smile
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That works - great!! Many thanks!

That's great.

Do take into account what a proximity sensor is for thou.

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK - can you give me a very brief explanation - bit of a technophobe!

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_Proximity_sensor_in_mobile_phones

It turns the screen off when it's close to your face to stop you activating apps or ending calls etc.

Ie disables the touch screen.
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
If you maul your phone or rub it around your face when in a call it will possibly cause you problems with the sensor turned off. Otherwise, just leave it off and enable the use of the keyboard when in calls as you wish.
It's not compulsory that it is switched on and as you are having an issue it's probably better turned off for your needs.
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Depending on the age of the handset it still may be worth getting this fixed on its warranty.

Best of both worlds then. wink
Message 10 of 13