cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 4g or not 4g that is the question ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, Just a quick post in case others find themselves in the same position.

I received the automated text from o2 stating that I was to be given "at no extra cost" an upgrade to 4g on my pay monthly account on the 27th of June, that came and went with no increased data speed so I rang o2 to ask if there was anything they had to do at their end to allow 4g on my account the person I spoke to stated to get 4g my tariff would have to be changed as it started in 2009? So to get 4g I would lose my unlimited data bolt on and it would be replaced with a 1GB cap on data and the latest changes to fall in line with the new tariff. So be warned if you do get the "free upgrade" it might end up costing you more and you may well get less for it.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
to @MI5 that sorts that out then, cheers
Message 21 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149517 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
to @MI5 that sorts that out then, cheers

Sorry mate...

It's a misleading text for someone on your tariff 😞

@Toby something to feedback up the food chain ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 22 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
You don't say but just checked my download speed with wifi turned off and it hit 18.15Mbps, so quick enough for what I use it for and I wonder if they (o2) will get shut/force legacy customers onto 4g so they can get shut of free unlimited data bolt ons?
Message 23 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149517 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I wonder if they (o2) will get shut/force legacy customers onto 4g so they can get shut of free unlimited data bolt ons?

Many on here believe that is the plan......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 24 of 24