cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Stop/Disable Apps and data usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone.  I have another question.  On my lovely S4 (GT-19505) there are a lot of apps installed, many of which I don't use.  I know I cannot uninstall some of the default ones but is it ok to press Force Stop or Disable instead and if I do, will it cause a problem?  I don't want to do anything that will make the phone or system stop or not work properly.  I check my data usage from time to time on the phone and you can go through each app and it states what data is being used and there is an option to "limit background data" - does this help?

As always thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145570 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27962 Solutions
If you don't want to use them and there is a disable option, just press it - It won't do any harm.
Disabling background data will stop emails and updates to social media from coming in automatically. It may also stop whatsapp messages and the like.....
What is it you are trying to achieve?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/samsung-galaxy-s4-tips-and-tricks_Page-2

Scroll down to how to close running apps.

Maybe @MI5 or @jonsie could provide more information
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145570 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27962 Solutions
If you don't want to use them and there is a disable option, just press it - It won't do any harm.
Disabling background data will stop emails and updates to social media from coming in automatically. It may also stop whatsapp messages and the like.....
What is it you are trying to achieve?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Anonymous and @MI5 for your help. 

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your most welcome @Anonymous hope it works well for you
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are doing a great job @Anonymous
Message 6 of 6