cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty one x, replacement phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I've had a HTC one x for about 6 months now when I originally bought it it had weak wifi so I took it to a o2 shop and the guy said to me its normal its a software problem wait a little a patch will come out for it so I waited.

Sister gets a one x a few months later her wifi is perfect so I found out my one x has the lose wifi antenna (squeezing back fixes it), send it back to o2 they said they replaced the board I get it back and it has the exact same problem, ring them again and he sends me out a refurbished one x for replacement, no more wifi problem but now the cell signal barely registers one bar or no signal all over my house never had this problem before...

Slightly fustrated now because I came within a inch of getting the S3 on my £36mnth contract now regret not getting that over the one x I'm going to ring o2 tomorrow and ask them if I can change my phone I heard if you have consistent problems with your phone they offer you like models does anyone think I will be able to get a S3 because really don't like HTC phones anymore...

Any help appreciated guys and gals!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's always worth asking as you have had repeated problems. Good luck and let us know how you get on....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's always worth asking as you have had repeated problems. Good luck and let us know how you get on....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well o2 very graciously gave me a Galaxy s3, it took a week and half getting to me because of the snow lol but it arrived and im instantly impressed by how much better it is than my one x but it would seem it has two faults with it;

- signal drops every now and then goes from 4 bars to no service and can stay like that till i reboot.

- on black screens i have "ink marks" seems to be a problem with galaxy s3s (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7097/7315049392_c06dd29d63_b.jpg) like this but worse

So now i dont know what to do i think i have to get another Galaxy s3 from o2 am i having bad luck or being just too picky???

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I don't have either of those issues with My S3 but if yours is not right, send it back. It's not picky to expect your phone to be fault free.....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4