Did you mean: 

Enhanced chat in messages

Spitfire400
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there all,

Finally setup my s8+ after waiting since weekend for number to go live. WiFi+4g calling seem to be activating ok, but 1 feature from the s7 edge seems missing. Similar to iMessage, sending and including mms content free via chat to other Samsung users. Is this something that is supported? Either on the handset or network? If so, how to activate enhanced messaging?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I think this was asked on another thread too, but only Vodafone have that feature enabled currently.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I think this was asked on another thread too, but only Vodafone have that feature enabled currently.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Is it planned for O2 handsets @MI5 or will @Chris_K be the man in the know?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It’s a network feature but o2 have not shown any interest in it yet.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Spitfire400
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah, sort of a double post this. Forgot I had created this thread earlier. However, it is a handy feature and would let o2 users feel they weren't missing out on anything that Vodafone were giving users.

I actually though it was part of Wi-Fi calling, Vodafone only seemed to support that as never saw 4g calling showing on s7 edge with them.

Message 5 of 9

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Sorry for the delay - I was on a short holiday last week slight_smile

Regarding Samsung 'enhanced chat', this is based on RCS messaging technology and currently it's not something we support or have any immediate plans for. I admit I'm no expert on the technology, but looking around it looks like a very complex technology to implement, further complicated by the fact there are several 'versions' of it that aren't compatible with one another and that different manufacturers have different levels of support for it.

If or when anything changes i'll of course let you know, but as this isn't something we have any current plans for, I wouldn't expect there to be any change to this anytime soon I'm afraid.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 6 of 9

Spitfire400
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That's great, I really do appreciate you responding to my post. Just as easy to use WhatsApp or messenger to send media free of charge now with data. As long as Wi-Fi calling works I'm happy.
Message 7 of 9

klas82
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Anything new to report on RCS? I look for news now on an almost daily basis but sad to see no new developments.
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We’ve not heard anything else from o2 about it at all.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9