Did you mean: 

Dead Pixels on Note 10+

NickDoug7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello,

I’ve had my Samsung Note 10+ for about 10 month and I have a cluster of dead pixels on the screen now.
I’ve tried resetting the phone but they won’t go away.

As my phone is under a year old and within warranty with O2 repair the screen for me?

Also if they do how will I go about contactless the correct department?

Thanks.

Nick.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@NickDoug7 

Explained in the link I gave you above:

Repairing your device in an O2 store

To get your device looked at in one of our stores, you can pop in at any time or book an appointment with an O2 Guru. This is what you’ll need to do when you arrive:

1. Hand your device over to a team member
  2. Stand by as we run some checks

We’ll try to fix your device then and there so you’re not without it. If we do need to send it off, this is what you’ll need to do next:

1. Give us a few details so we can book your repair in (we’ll ask for an alternative number so we can contact you if we need to)
  2. Prepare your device – see the instructions above
  3. Grab your repair receipt and keep hold of it
  4. Look out for confirmation emails (the first when your device is sent off to be fixed, the second when it’s arrived as our repairs centre)

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-faults-and-repairs-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@NickDoug7 

Repairs help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-returns-policy

But you can also contact Samsung directly https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

O2Sophie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi @NickDoug7,

Are you able to go to an o2 Store? This is the quickest way to do this, in my opinion. if not, here's a link that will take you through the process.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-faults-and-repairs-policy.

signature
Message 3 of 8

NickDoug7
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Sophie,

I wasn’t sure if the shops would take repairs due to Covid but thanks for clearing that up!

Will I need my original receipt with me or can they sort it without?

Thanks.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@NickDoug7 

Explained in the link I gave you above:

Repairing your device in an O2 store

To get your device looked at in one of our stores, you can pop in at any time or book an appointment with an O2 Guru. This is what you’ll need to do when you arrive:

1. Hand your device over to a team member
  2. Stand by as we run some checks

We’ll try to fix your device then and there so you’re not without it. If we do need to send it off, this is what you’ll need to do next:

1. Give us a few details so we can book your repair in (we’ll ask for an alternative number so we can contact you if we need to)
  2. Prepare your device – see the instructions above
  3. Grab your repair receipt and keep hold of it
  4. Look out for confirmation emails (the first when your device is sent off to be fixed, the second when it’s arrived as our repairs centre)

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-faults-and-repairs-policy

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

NickDoug7
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Apologies I didn’t notice your reply above Sophie’s.

I’ll pop into store and see if I can get it sorted there.

Thanks very much for your help 👍🏼
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're most welcome slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi, @NickDoug7,

Your IMEI will be enough verification as it will show that it's in warranty, you can take it to an o2 store as long as you bought it from o2 (online, over the phone, or in a shop), but NOT 3rd party - eg. Carphone Warehouse. )

signature
Message 8 of 8