Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung - Galaxy Unpacked

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10263 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

Is anyone else excited to see what Samsung announce on the 5th August at the Galaxy Unpacked event? 

We know there is a Note 20, and some other goodies due and hopefully some surprises.. 

@Chris_K 

Are o2 going to be ranging the Galaxy Z Flip 5G  when it is launched on the 7th August and announced today... 

https://www.samsungmobilepress.com/pressreleases/introducing-galaxy-z-flip-5g-express-yourself-with-... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I am MASSIVELY looking forward to Samsung Unpacked next week and can't wait to see what Samsung have to show or tell us about. I've not got any insider knowledge but if the supposed leaks are anything to go by, then we're in for a treat... We'll find out next week though.

Regarding the Z Flip 5G. We already sell the 4G version of the Z Flip but I can't see any indication that we're poised to range the 5G version. From what I can see, it's due to launch in the UK on 7 Aug, so we might have more info after the Samsung event next week.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 2 of 12

madasaf1sh
  • 10263 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions
@Chris_K

I thought my Samsung Account manager would have done his usual trick of telling me something on our roadmap session but he kept quiet..

Although he knows ill be asking to test anything thats released, obviously for work purposes slight_smile
Message 3 of 12

madasaf1sh
  • 10263 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

So @Chris_K 

Anything take your fancy, i notice o2 are ranging the Note 20 Series and the S7 Tab, which is good to see....

Love the teaser for the 1st September for the Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G ( such a catchy name). 

The watch and buds look like nice accessories, but the Watch 3 needs to be cheaper than Apple, and im not sure about the Mystic colour scheme names...

Message 4 of 12

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Deffo interested in the Note20 Ultra... It's given me something to think about.

Most products announced are available to pre-order on O2 now:

Tab S7 Pre-order: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/samsung/galaxy-tab-s7-4g

Note20 Pre-order: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/samsung/galaxy-note20-ultra-5g (other variants listed here)

Galaxy Buds Live: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/samsung/galaxy-buds-live#contractType=nonconnected

Watch3 Bluetooth Pre-order: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/samsung/galaxy-watch3#contractType=nonconnected​​​​​​​

Message 5 of 12

madasaf1sh
  • 10263 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions
I think i might get a telling off from the missus if i bought any more tech...

The Notes are always trend leading devices, and if i hadnt just got the Fold, then i would have been very tempted.

The problem i have with Samsung Watches and indeed most smart watches is the battery life is ****, hence i have the Galaxy Watch 1 but then bought a Garmin Fenix 6x Pro which has a battery life of about a week.. so 5 days longer than the Galaxy 🙂

I am going to buy the Buds Live i think as they look cool and have nice features 🙂

Message 6 of 12

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
As it's this time of year I might have pre ordered a N20U in white with the buds live. As history dictates 😁.

Shame there is a bit of a wait on the Fold.
unnamed
Message 7 of 12

madasaf1sh
  • 10263 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions
@Chris_K any reason i cant use the Unidays 20% off accessories on the Buds Live 😞

The only exclusions according to unidays is AirPods and AirPods Pro... as i can get 15% off from Samsung slight_smile
Message 8 of 12

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
@madasaf1sh

The buds look great and the reviews are
good. But i have a pair of decent BT cans already. Will probably wait for a £1 listing day on the fleabay and sell them.
unnamed
Message 9 of 12

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:
@Chris_K any reason i cant use the Unidays 20% off accessories on the Buds Live 😞

The only exclusions according to unidays is AirPods and AirPods Pro... as i can get 15% off from Samsung slight_smile

Really sorry @madasaf1sh but student discount isn't currently available on the Galaxy Buds Live. We're working to get the website updated to reflect this, and apologise for any confusion caused.

Message 10 of 12