cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Galaxy s4!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I upgraded to the s4 in November (worst decision ever made), I've had loads of problems with it since the software upgrade thing which I had to undo following the instructions on here.

The past couple of days it has switched itself off randomly despite having nearly full battery.

Today I have woken up and it is dead.... Totally dead as a dodo. Won't even charge.

Help????

The staff at my local O2 shop don't know what day it is let alone actually know about phones so I'm dreading having to go in!!!!

Anyone else had this problem?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would send it to samsung myself
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

14 days is the outside timescale, often it can be a lot quicker. My friend sent off her phone the other week and had it back in 4 days.

Could it be they didn't have any loan phones in rather than they don't do it at all? Unless it's a franchise (as their proceedures differ) then they do normally have a loan phone.

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Because I am really stupid, I gave o2 a try and took it to a different o2 shop where I got a loan phone and they sent the phone off for repairs.

I got a text from o2 saying they couldn't repair it until I phoned them to give further info - phoned up, turns out they looked at it and it was working.  No faults.  I told them it repeatedly is switching off and sometimes not coming back on for days.

Checked the repair update today and it says they've sent it back to the store, "No faults found".

How bloody useless!  Does this mean I am stuck with a phone that switches off, shall I continue harassing o2 and taking it into the store everytime it switches off???  Or can I still try Samsung, in which case how do I do that?  I already tried taking it to a Samsung repair centre where the chap looked at it, said the motherboard was dead, and handed it back over to me.

😞

Message 13 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147832 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28357 Solutions

I'm confused as why you left the Samsung repair centre after been told the motherboard was dead. Why did you not leave it with them to repair it then?

Anyway, the choice is still yours, either keep harassing O2 (3 failed repair attempts and O2 will replace phone) or go back to Samsung and ask for a repair or replacement under warranty.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was quite annoying really because I phoned Samsung who gave me details of my nearest repair centre, I then phoned the repair centre and told the chap exactly what was happening, he said bring it in and they should have it repaired within 72 hours.

So I made the 100 mile round trip, only to get there, hand over the phone, and have it handed straight back.  All he did was try to switch it on, and then it obviously wouldn't because it's a pule of rubbish, he just said "The motherboard is dead, you need to send it off to Samsung".

Very poor service really considering they ARE the repair people for Samsung!!!!!!!

I only took it to o2 cause I thought it would mean another phone call to Samsung who weren't very helpful in the first place.  

Message 15 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147832 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28357 Solutions

Samsung are usually much better than that - I wouldn't have left without the repair centre taking it in tbh.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did think it was odd (and really poor) but having never had a phone repaired before I wasn't 100% sure what to expect!!

I think I'll maybe harass o2 abit longer.
Message 17 of 19

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Can you plug the phone in and get some sort if display? Software can't really destroy hardware unless it used incompatible settings like the wrong baseboard kernel or something.

Last week, someone i know with a samsung galaxy s3 phone more or less stopped working. After a bit of trying we decided that flashing a fresh install of 4.3 might resolve some issues. It recovered the telephone, by rewriting the boot partition which was corrupted,

If you can form a connection over usb under download mode. Using ODIN you can possibly fix this yourself, although it's a bit nerving at first. MI5 made a good guide on this. I wouldn't normally advise this although as you seem to be getting passed from pillar to post.

Addendum: 

It seems I read this post after it was resolved.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I picked the phone up from O2 yesterday. They hadn't managed to find the fault which keeps making the stupid thing switch off, they did say however that they had totally wiped and reset the phone which "fixes 99% of all issues".

Just over 24 hours since picking it up...... It has switched off 3 times in a row and is now totally dead

😞

Again.
Message 19 of 19