cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service and Customers

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is up with companies these days that CS can't/will not/able to answer questions from customers. I hate being told sorry can't give a time scale but it will be very soon,That makes no sense to me or anybody else and yes before you ask I was trying to find out when o2 was pushing out 4.1.2 for Note 2, all other UK carriers have pushed out only o2 left and when you ask that's the reply you get. Companies these days need to keep their customers informed of the latest information about and when you say that you get told sorry can't tell you anything as it's business sensitive and don't want other carriers to know what we are doing. DOH the other carriers are not interested as they have already pushed the update out. aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

iechyd da

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Just unlock and flash the open firmware, then you'll never have to wait again.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most advisors at O2 won't know - we roll it out when we finish making sure the software update is compatible with O2 devices.

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
opium, with respect, that is rubbish. O2 devices are no different to any of other devices. I have an O2 SIM in an open phone and it works just fine. I can unlock a Vodafone device and put an O2 SIM in and it works just fine. O2 do nothing to add any value and they also fail to find any "issues". All they do is hold up the release and annoy their customers. For anyone with a Samsung phone locked and branded to O2 I would suggest you get an unlock code and debrand. That way you will be able to get firmware as soon as Samsung release it.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Not only with the O2 network and software but also compatible with apps such as My O2, priority and Wallet etc.

Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Not only with the O2 network and software but also compatible with apps such as My O2, priority and Wallet etc.

Which all work fine on my "International" S3

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5, No thank you, tried that on My Tab and only just got it back
opium, So you think that's a good idea that the first point of contact for customers are to people who have no clue what is going on? I'm sorry to me that is very bad Customer Service. Ok I understand you have to play with and add your extra's but come on nearly 3 months to test it's compatible on 1 phone, IMO that's a bit of a strech.
iechyd da
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
opium, with respect, that is rubbish. O2 devices are no different to any of other devices. I have an O2 SIM in an open phone and it works just fine. I can unlock a Vodafone device and put an O2 SIM in and it works just fine. O2 do nothing to add any value and they also fail to find any "issues". All they do is hold up the release and annoy their customers. For anyone with a Samsung phone locked and branded to O2 I would suggest you get an unlock code and debrand. That way you will be able to get firmware as soon as Samsung release it.....

Sorry - I didn't know exactly what changes were made during the update from O2, if any, I just knew this was the reason for the delay. But I can see what you are saying about holding it up - I don't imagine what O2 do when testing the software is much different to other networks however they manage to bring it out earlier.

Message 8 of 15

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

That's what I was trying to say in my clumsy way. They all worked fine on my sim free S3 with no need for any tweaks.

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

That's what I was trying to say in my clumsy way. They all worked fine on my sim free S3 with no need for any tweaks.

Then we are in full agreement then slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15