cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I stop my text messages converting to pic messages when I use an emoji? I have a Samsung s4 mini
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
And a warning does come up immediately after selecting an emoji
Message 11 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Samsung yellow ones on my Note 3 take up 2 or 3 characters but they don't always reach the recipient as emojis.

Some only appear as ?????
Message 13 of 19

viridis
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
🎃👻🎄🎁🎥🔮🎌🎈🎊🎉🎋🎍💝
What happens on here?
Message 14 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
🎃👻🎄🎁🎥🔮🎌🎈🎊🎉🎋🎍💝
What happens on here?

they look ok.....but not yellow LOL

Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do we need emoticons/emojis/smileys (or whatever other name they go by) when we use modern means of communication?  In days of yore when we some people used instruments called pens to write on material called paper (sorry, trying to keep it simple for the young ones, if there are any lurking about the Community) there was no need to insert doodles to let readers know that the authors were smiling/laughing/angry/pulling their hair out etc when they were in the act of composing their epistle.   The words,  the grammar and the odd punctuation were sufficient to convey meaning.

When and where did it all go wrong?  Is it the case that with the advent of the "visual" age "modern man" is incapable of discerning the  meaning of anything that exists outside of a graphical context. (The pop video is just another example - music without images is apparently second rate).

Message 16 of 19

viridis
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It wnt rong wiv txt spk n the need 2 keep it 2 short 2 Inc propa gramma n meaning 😄😉
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
It wnt rong wiv txt spk n the need 2 keep it 2 short 2 Inc propa gramma n meaning 😄😉

Ah  - yyur yyub icur yy 4me!

Message 18 of 19

choolip
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I use Handsent messaging app instead of the stock app that came on phone . You'll need to download the Handsent emoji app too but it is free to send emoji this way plus picture messages. Hope this helps
Message 19 of 19