cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges for mms

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
After turning on my Galaxy S4 a text was waiting for me asking if I wanted to set up mms (and wap I think)
I couldn't send a text so figured it was because I needed mms setting up so did that via web chat.
I have unlimited texts and minutes in my contract and have noticed when I log in that there are charges for mms.
I thought mms settings was something that I needed to be able to send texts. Is that not the case? Should I just ask to have mms removed from my phone to avoid charges and if they're removed will I be able to send text messages?
Thought I would ask here first because the phone and web chat take so long!
Any help or advice much appreciated.
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147038 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
It could be... MMS can be disabled in the settings if the customer does not require them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 147038 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
MMS is not SMS and all MMS are chargeable at 35p per message.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5 is this a case of Samsung auto turning SMS in MMS again if a text goes over into 2 messages??
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 147038 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
It could be... MMS can be disabled in the settings if the customer does not require them.
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think we might have a solution!
Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 93308 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

There is a setting to warn if sms turn into mms, just tick the box. Anything above 480 characters. Converts to mms (3sms). Some motifs also convert to mms.

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 147038 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
or disable the MMS apn to permanently remove the chance.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, for the replies.
I ended up spending ages on live chat and asked to have mms removed. Rather do that than end up with extra charges.
This is the first Android phone I've had, been shut away with apple for years 😉
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 147038 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
You could have saved yourself the pain of live chat by disabling the apn wink
Message 9 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Ignore the correct answers here and spend hours on chat, there's some logic there somewhere! Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 12