cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get internet access?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined o2 in August 2012 with a contract blackberry phone, and it worked fine, got internet access outside the house etc.

At Xmas there, I bought a galaxy ace 2, and gave my son the blackberry. I informed o2 of the change and they said they would transfer my bolt on data to the ace 2, and it would start working on Jan 21st. But despite me contacting o2 several times, I still cant get internet access on my phone when Im out of the house?

The blackberry I gave to my son has internet access outside the house, but I havent had internet access since 25th December since telling o2 that I changed phones.

Can anyone offer me any advice on what to do? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to contact customer service and get them to change your data bolt on from the Blackberry data to standard data. Then text ACTIVE to 2020 to make sure you have the correct settings installed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to contact customer service and get them to change your data bolt on from the Blackberry data to standard data. Then text ACTIVE to 2020 to make sure you have the correct settings installed.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did contact CS and they did change the bolt on from BB to standard data, as its coming up on my o2 profile as its been changed and active since 21st Jan, when I texted 'active' to 2020 there, msg came back saying as they had problems dealing with my request for settings, and to contact CS again! So will contact them tomorrow
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Settings and instructions here http://mobileguide.o2.co.uk/devices/device.jsp?deviceId=725&tab=8&step=2&settingId=3769
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4