cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
Six days ago I noticed I couldn't send or receive texts or phone calls. Upon investigation it appears a mast was down and that it would be fixed within 48 hours.
Two days later I can send texts and I can send and receive phone calls. I contacted o2 again who did various tests (I think I sent a mind received a text with the agent). She told me the issue was fixed. Somehow she thought playing with call forwarding would fix it??!!
I repeatedly told her it wasn't (as I got other members of the family to text whilst we conducted online chat).
She told me to go to a store but when I said it's not easy and that the mast is still not fixed according to the status tracker, she said I'll just have to wait.
It's ridiculous that it's been 6 days now.

I have an Xperia Aqua m4. Does anyone know how to fix it so I can receive texts? Thank you.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Do  you have or had TuGo at any stage?

It is most likely to be a mast problem but try this help from the support page.

Problems receiving SMS

If you see a flashing envelope on your mobile - your SIM card memory is full. Please delete as many messages as you can and try again.

If you are still not receiving text messages after this, please manually register your mobile to the Vodafone network You will get an error message, then register back to O2. Provided there are no network faults in your area and your mobile/SIM are not faulty, any undelivered SMS will come to your mobile within a few minutes (for information on how to do this, check your user guide).

Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

So O2 have identified what is causing the issue @jonsie but not giving information about it? So many people having problems with SMS over the past few days.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
still can't receive sms even with TU go app.
I do not have too many messages as I delete as soon as I receive/reply.

You suggest registering with Vodafone then switching back but how do I do that?
Message 4 of 14

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

go into settings, network and availaable networks. Select vodafone but you will then get an error message. Then select o2 again.

You haven't recently changed sim cards or upgraded?

O2 are having issues with TuGo and are deleting accounts on their system to get sms fixed. No official information though.

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You need to try the manual network search in network settings but if it is still a mastbproblem it won't help until the mast is fixed.
Depending on the problem it can take up to 2 weeks to fix.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just tried that and it didn't work 😞
Message 7 of 14

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
For up to two weeks? That just sound ridiculous but I think you're probably right
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Unfortunately yes but you may be able to call up CS and get some compensation when the mast is finally fixed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 14