cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Connect To O2 wifi.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I’ve a problem with my Moto G ( +4G ) running Android 4.4.4, connecting to O2 wifi.

The phone just won’t connect to O2 wifi. It was bought in October for my wife and it wouldn’t connect for her - she says it was ok originally for about three weeks then about a week after the update to 4.4.4, it stopped working.

During this time we’ve had two other Anroid phones and an Android tablet working at the same hotspot.

A month ago she got a new phone ( also Android ) and that works fine at the hotspot; I took over her phone and have exactly the same problem. I reset the phone to factory settings when I acquired it and have since tried clearing the system cache - no change.

The phone works fine on my home network and also my sons home network, but not at the O2 hotspot we visit regularly or one other O2 hotspot I’ve tried.

I’m registered with O2 wifi, and this is what happens: I “connect” ok to the hotspot and the company ( Vintage Inns ) logo comes up. After about 30 seconds the rest of the advert comes up and asks me if I want to search the web. When I try to do a search it loops back to the O2 wifi “Connecting to O2 wifi” screen and the whole cycle is repeated.

I’ve also tried de-registering all devices and re-registering the Moto, but it makes no difference.

Any help gratefully received.

Best Regards.

Ian.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Blackhog
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

i had the same issue at Waitrose o2 wifi, I accidentally, after being asked for my phone number misstyped my number...(probably old age!!!)

I tried all the 1.0.0.0. But this didn’t work for me, and i was unable to delete the wrong number, as i was advised i had been sent the sign in code...

I went to my O2 account and deleted the o2 wifi, associated to my phone. When i returned to the store, again it was showing the wrong number, but i was able to click send code again, and at this point was able to enter the correct number. 

Once i got the code, all sorted and logged in ok. 

So it appears, need only to delete wifi account, and then ask for a code to be sent again, and you can change the number. 

Hope that helps. It was driving me batty. 

Message 11 of 11