cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please help with new Nokia Lumia 620?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I got this phone on Thursday and cannot send text messages from it. I can make calls, signal strength is fine. I did the live chat thing yesterday and was told they would email me a solution, they emailed me how to check my messaging centre number and I was going out so didn't have time to live chat again.

I've just done live chat again, got told to change messaging centre prefix from +44 to 0 then send myself a message, went through ok, but when I tried to send my husband's phone a text message it says 'can't send'. The advisor told me to take the phone and sim to an o2 shop to get them checked, free of charge(!). That's fine except that they're not open tomorrow, and because they're only open a few hours a day I work later than them so I can't get there until Friday.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try before I throw the stupid thing away?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It should work instantly. Always use the + format, not the 00. If you don't have Network Setup in your apps menu, download it from the Nokia store. That should resolve it for you.

Message 11 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great to hear you're sorted Montrose slight_smile

Don't forget to press the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that helped most.

Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 12