cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please help with new Nokia Lumia 620?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I got this phone on Thursday and cannot send text messages from it. I can make calls, signal strength is fine. I did the live chat thing yesterday and was told they would email me a solution, they emailed me how to check my messaging centre number and I was going out so didn't have time to live chat again.

I've just done live chat again, got told to change messaging centre prefix from +44 to 0 then send myself a message, went through ok, but when I tried to send my husband's phone a text message it says 'can't send'. The advisor told me to take the phone and sim to an o2 shop to get them checked, free of charge(!). That's fine except that they're not open tomorrow, and because they're only open a few hours a day I work later than them so I can't get there until Friday.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try before I throw the stupid thing away?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you tried rebooting the phone since changing the number ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Your message centre numbers should be

• +447802000332 for Pay Monthly
  • +447802092035 for Pay & Go

Note the +447 configuration is it is important.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I've changed the 0 back to +44. I've got someone else on live chat who is trying to tell me it will take at least 24 hours for my phone to work after the number change. Doesn't want to know that it didn't work BEFORE the number change. Banging my head against a brick wall here, I wish I hadn't changed my phone/contract.

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, it doesn't take 24 hours at all.....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Don't pay any attention to what live chat is telling you. They are pretty useless, and are notorious for giving out misinformation. Listen to what MI5 has advised and you should be fine.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

The message centre number is the one M15 posted, the live chat man told me to delete it on my phone and retype it so I have. I still can't send a message so he told me to wait a few hours as the number change will be messing it up. But it didn't send messages BEFORE the number change either. Is there any other setting that could be stopping this?

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you tried rebooting the phone since changing the number ?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

When in doubt....reboot wink Never hurts.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're stars, thank you! Smiley Very Happy Works perfectly now (touch wood!) thanks again!

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If only "live chat" were as educated as we are slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12