Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Samsung z4 flip

Nicz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I own a Samsung z4 flip phone and today my phone won't fully open, think it's a broken hinge, I don't have insurance and i got it in Nov last yearis there anything I can do as its faulty, Samsung know about this fault, can 02 do anything for me?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7099 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

In all honesty O2 are probably not to people to deal with it. 

Samsung repair is best

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

But if they say it's damage, O2 will almost certainly say the same as the often use the same repair company 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10628 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Nicz 

If it is the hinge, then it wont be covered by warranty, as Samsung deem it as user damage, just look at the likes of Reddit and Samsung's own forum.. 

O2 will charge you as per Samsungs directive, do you have insurance for your home or through your bank, as it will be cheaper than paying anyone else to repair it. 

Best thing to do is contact Samsung direct

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7485 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Nicz 

As @madasaf1sh suggests, probably a case of paying for the repair unless you have insurance.  

You could then consider seeking to recover your money in the small claims' court.  

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10628 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Oxonian 

Good luck with Samsung, as it seems there modus operandi nowadays and same goes for others as well..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5