Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up photos on Samsung

Libs
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got the new Samsung s20 FE yesterday and I’m transferring everything from iPhone but not all of my photos transferred. I have Amazon photos backing up all my old photos but I can’t work out how to download them to my Samsung because when I click a photo there isn’t a download option to the new phone. On the iPhone if I use Amazon photos the download option is on every photo. I don’t understand why it’s different on android. It just seems more complex.

Also how do I use Samsung iCloud to back up my photos please? When I go to the Samsung cloud option in settings the option to transfer photos and videos isn’t there for cloud. I’m so confused lol.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Libs
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for your help. I’m finding this quite a change.
Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

It is quite different at first @Libs 

but you'll soon get used to it, don't worry.

Lots of Android users on here to help you too slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

Libs
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you.

I keep thinking have I made a mistake going to Samsung lol. It just feels so different and more complex. It’s definitely a better phone, speed, should and camera are miles ahead of an iPhone. I just feel lost lol
Message 13 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Libs 

Hopefully you will end up loving your Samsung. I have always had this brand, along with the rest of my extended family. My eldest son has an iPhone....he is the only one to like it. rofl

Give it time is the best advice.

Welcome to the forum (and the Android Army) Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 16

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Libs 

It only seems more complex because you have much more flexibility.

You now have the freedom to use your phone as you want, not how Apple want you to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 16

Libs
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you both so much.

One thing I’m finding hard is to a display is so harsh on my eyes compared to iPhone. Even in natural colours, blue light filter on and dark mode haha. I find even in low brightness it’s causing me eye pain. Very strange.
Message 16 of 16