Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up photos on Samsung

Libs
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got the new Samsung s20 FE yesterday and I’m transferring everything from iPhone but not all of my photos transferred. I have Amazon photos backing up all my old photos but I can’t work out how to download them to my Samsung because when I click a photo there isn’t a download option to the new phone. On the iPhone if I use Amazon photos the download option is on every photo. I don’t understand why it’s different on android. It just seems more complex.

Also how do I use Samsung iCloud to back up my photos please? When I go to the Samsung cloud option in settings the option to transfer photos and videos isn’t there for cloud. I’m so confused lol.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Libs 

You need to use Smart Switch to transfer evrything over https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/switching/

Once all your photos are on the Samsung, they will back up automatically to Google photos.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Libs
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. I used smart switch but not all my photos went over. I did it wireless.

So you don’t back up photos to Samsung cloud? Just Google photos?
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You can use Samsung cloud but Google photos is better @Libs 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

Libs
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I can’t see how to add photos to the cloud back ups. When I click options to add to the back ups photos isn’t in the list.
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Libs 

Open Google photos and add the libraries you want to back up in the settings.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

Libs
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you 😊
Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Libs
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Are they fully safe in Google photos? They won’t be lost? I’m just used to iPhone iCloud so this all feels confusing and I’m worried incase I lose photos. When transferring to Samsung my iPhone didn’t transfer them all via smart switch so ive got to work out how to do that.
Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Yes, Google is safe @Libs 

Some of your iPhone photos may have been archieved to iCloud so you may need to transfer from a PC backup to get all of them, or just find the individual ones and move them manually.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16