cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antenna down locally for at least three days!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had no signal at work since arriving last monday morning, just seeing a no network message on my phone. Each day I have checked the status website and the same message has been displayed that there is a problem with an antenna and they are waiting for their third party contractors to attend.

I have spoken to the online chat but couldnt get an ETA for its repair and even sent an email to the CEO together with a transcript of that chat but still nothing apart from a mail saying they aim to reply within 5 days!

What an absolutely appalling service this is especially as many of my colleagues who do not have the misfortune to be stuck with O2 have perfect signals.

Is there any way I can escalate this and find out why this has been happening on and off for up to a year??

Regards

Pete

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that information.

May l make two further points -

1 It would have been nice to have been forewarned of the impending work. Surely it would have been possible to alert all users in the area before the work proceeded by text as we seem to receive random texts about everything else from O2 on a regular basis.

2 Having no service at all for over three days may constitue in Company speak an Intermittent service but in the real world it is still NO SERVICE AT ALL. 

As l write this we still have NO NETWORK. FOUR DAYS. Intermittent, you really are having a laugh. 

Message 11 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 124002 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7503 Solutions

O2 did offer a text service at one time...problem was by the time people received the text the work was completed Rolleys

EDIT: Correction. The text service was to inform people of 4g rollout to your area. My apologies..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know its down but my beef is that its been down for three days now. I could have built a new antenna and commisioned it in that time!!

I have signed up to the emails but obviously I havnt heard anything as the mast is still down!!

Its crap service and O2 obviously dont give a monkeys about their customers or their customer service!

Regards

Pete

Message 13 of 29

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I would be surprised if the work is done in less than a week or so.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146189 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28159 Solutions
Yep, usually around 1 to 2 weeks....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well ive mailed the CEO Ronan Dunne and got this reply so Ill see what they have to say within their `5 working days`

Thanks for your email to Ronan Dunne.

I'm sorry about your recent experience. We’ll look into this and contact you soon.

If you haven’t provided any account information in your email please reply to let us have this, along with a contact telephone number we can reach you on. This will help avoid any delays.

We aim to resolve complaints within five working days. Our number is 0345 330 0683 if you need to get in touch. We're open from 8.30am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday.

Kind regards

********* | Telefónica UK Limited

Message 16 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone from O2 monitor this community given that its on their web site?

Message 17 of 29

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Yes we have some O2 staff here who help with queries.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 18 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well maybe you can give me some idea of when our intermittent service is likely to be resumed in Mablethorpe and Sutton? Pleeeeeeaaaaasssee

Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

And why it takes over three days to tend to a faulty mast!!

Message 20 of 29