Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Level 8: Talented
Accepted Solution

Android 9 - disabling increase volume in pocket

[ Edited ]

I know there used to be a toggle for this but I can't find it.

My phone usually lives in my rucksack while at work but is very loud when it rings.

I've turned everything down but testing it still seems loud.

I need to be able to hear it ring as am expecting a couple of important calls but don't want it to alert the whole office!

It went off today and made a female colleague jump.

It's a Nokia 5 so pretty much stock Android.

Can't find anything in sounds.

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 1 38 Mbps Down/9 Mbps up,
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Topics: 531
Solutions: 11,205

Re: Android 9 - disabling increase volume in pocket

If it's stock 9 tap volume down from standby and if this isn't defaulted to ring volume, tap on settings icon in the pop up window.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Community Manager

@techtamer Let us know if the advice above helps you get this sorted! Smiley Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

@EmilieT 

Found the option under settings > calling accounts in the phone app (I'll document it properly when I'm not tired, it's been mad busy today at work!)

Thanks for the response @MI5 

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 1 38 Mbps Down/9 Mbps up,
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Community Manager

Awesome @techtamer, really good to hear it's sorted now - I hope workis less mad and exhausting today smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!

signature

@EmilieT 

Cheers, going to be hectic for a while until the organisation's move to Windows 10 is complete, then things will slow for a bit, until M$ breaks improves it of course.

Current tech used:
Community Manager

@techtamer A lot of work ahead by the sound of it, but it should be well worth it thumbsup

signature

@EmilieT 

We're approximately 80% through our desktop/laptop estate as we started in January but yes, in any case though it wasn't really a choice with the plug being pulled on 7 support next year.

Current tech used: