Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 for sony xz3

KotRuchacz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Any idea if the latest android 10 for unblocked xz3 will finally arrive from O2 after 6 months or closer to Christmas?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Ian3
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Until we get an Android 10 update from O2 will it stop me from getting any updates for Android 9?

The last update I have was in November 2019, 52.0.A.11.32, I used to get an update every month, now

been two months.  Does this affect the security of the phone and is anyone else still getting updates?

Message 11 of 15

KotRuchacz
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I noticed the same problem that with Sony phones after just 1 year everything stopped being updated. Currently I have 3 Sony phones, each bought every 2 years with old security versions.. Anyway still no sign of android 10 +5 months old security.. 🙁
Message 12 of 15

KotRuchacz
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Finally got it. Issues after issues and one more: time issues! Unresponsive camera where buttons to take pictures are hiding all the camera menu permanently and of course taking a picture is not possible, has been fixed after 2nd restart so software is damaged and has destroyed the phone. Alarms are not working, you can set them up and they will just dissappear at the alarm time and you will be late for work. Phone is now unusable as everyone warned about. O2 is a joke claiming that the software was checked by them before released for general population. Not working phone means the product is faulty as we all have paid for and expecting a working phone therefore sony broke sale conditions. Time to return it!
Message 13 of 15

KotRuchacz
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just found the issue! This update has blocked clock app notifications. No notification = no alarm. I have clear data and cache of clock app, added storage permission and restarted the phone and now I can use the alarms just like on android 9 and clock app notifications settings are not greyed anymore.
Message 14 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 15 of 15