Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 for Samsung S9

pqr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

When does O2 hope to release Version 10 of Android for the Samsung S9 phone?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pqr
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks again, @Chris_K.

I have already contacted Samsung and I'm afraid that thye aren't terribly helpful.

Looking at that link, could I just go to sammobile.com, download the latest version and install it using Odin?

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122761 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I thought it had already been released? @pqr 

I'll check with @Chris_K .

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I thought it had already been released? @pqr 

I'll check with @Chris_K .

It was - it started rolling out in January last year.

@pqr if you've not got this yet, try a manual software update check just to be sure (in case you're relying on automatic checks and it hasn't checked for whatever reason). If there's still nothing, where did the phone come from? If it was from the likes of Carphone Warehouse or another 3rd party seller, it's possible this isn't on the O2 update channel, in which case there's no real way of knowing what's happening there.

Another thing I've seen a few instances of is where the phone has been setup with business profiles on it (maybe an ex-business use device, or you had to install profiles to get work email setup on it etc), which are setup to prevent software updates until/unless approved by the business' IT network.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122761 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Thanks @Chris_K thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

pqr
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks, @Chris_K, that's very helpful.

Android 10 was released in September 2019, so I guess that you meant that it sarted rolling out in January this year (although, admittedly, that does seem like a very long time ago).

I bought the phone new and SIM-free from Amazon in the UK a month ago, and put my existing O2 SIM card in it.

The software update setting says that the software is up to date and that the current version is G960FXXS7CSJ3 with security patches to 1 November 2019.  So it looks as if it isn't on the O2 update channel.  How do I get it added?

Message 5 of 8

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey @pqr - really sorry, but I've clearly not had enough coffee today. I think I saw the 9 in S9 and assumed this was about Android 9/Pie. I've double checked and Android 10 for the S9 started rolling out to O2 devices in February this year.

Looking around at your version number, your device appears to have originated from Germany and will be stuck on some sort of German update channel - though what, I've no idea. Unfortunately as the device didn't originate from O2 (or even the UK), there's no way for us to help force any update or change to your update channel.

The only thing I can recommend is getting in touch with Samsung to see if they can help further. If you're an O2 Germany customer (?) then it may also be a good idea to have a chat with them directly, but if they're similar to O2 UK, then it's unlikely they'll be able to help with devices purchased from a 3rd party retailer such as Amazon.

Really sorry - know this is maybe not the news you were after.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 6 of 8

pqr
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks again, @Chris_K.

I have already contacted Samsung and I'm afraid that thye aren't terribly helpful.

Looking at that link, could I just go to sammobile.com, download the latest version and install it using Odin?

Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10114 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions
@pqr

Yes you can go to sammobile.com ( the best resource for Samsung Devices).

I would pay for the premium, otherwise downloads speeds are really slow, read the instructions and take your time so not to brick the device

Good Luck
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 8