Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental uninstalled google play Galaxy mini GT-19195

Edsaid1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I accidently uninstalled part of  the Google suite on my ancient Galaxy mini. Now I can't install any apps at all. I get the message to 'sign in' but I am alreadsy signed in. 

I get the notification: "Update Google Services" several times a day but can't get passed the 'sign in'. I can't even reach my email now...

It seems all I can do is revert to factory settings but I have the feeling even that will fail. Moving to a new phone may be the best idea but is there a sure way of saving my Contacts?

I have internet, and O2 data is working okay, so it's not the end of the world. Nonetheless a fully wroking phone is desirable so any help will be really appeciated. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Edsaid1 

Go to Google play on the internet browser and install from there. 

Or download an apk file and sideload it 

https://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-install-download-google-play-store-312812/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Edsaid1 

Go to Google play on the internet browser and install from there. 

Or download an apk file and sideload it 

https://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-install-download-google-play-store-312812/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Edsaid1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.

Did all that and managed to install appropriate version (v.4.1+) of Google Play Services. Unfotunately, still can't reach email. I think the OS is corrupt, but not to worry, I've decided to buy a new iPhone. All I have to do is download my contacts onto my PC and hope I can transfer them to the new phone.

I may be back...!!  neutral

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,

Ed

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're always welcome 🙂

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4